Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Time....

I sometimes feel like time is just passing me by. I can't believe that it's already December! This year has flown by; so much has happened this past year- in my life and the world around me. It's amazing how much a person can change in a year, how just months can change a person's life. I was talking to my friends this weekend about where we’ve been in our lives. I’ve had some interesting times in my life, especially as a teenager. I was so lost then, though I didn't realize it. My life was falling apart before my eyes, I was involved in a lot of stupid things with all the wrong people. It's funny how I thought I was happy then. It was a false sense of joy, living in the moment and not worrying about the consequences. I guess sometimes we have to fall in order to get back up and appreciate where we are. So many of the things and people I thought I wanted don't exist for me anymore. I put my energy and desire in the wrong places, I'm just glad that I was able to realize it before I let myself fall into a life that I didn't want. I'm proud of the changes that I have made and will continue to make more changes to get to where I'm meant to be. Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you:) You know we all learn from our mistakes...I know just having a teenager reminds me of those days when I know everything..what I wanted then is not excatly how I live my life now either..It is part of growing up I guess..But I don't want to grow up...LOL
    Take care..and where does the time go??

    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete