Friday, December 19, 2008

After the rain.

The weather here lately has been less than great. It seems to match my mood for the last week or so. It's been a lot of overcast skies, rain and chilly days and nights. I don't know if the weather has had an affect on my mood, or it's just been mere coincidence. I had been questioning a lot of decisions I've made, been dissatisfied with a lot of things, and basically just dealing with a lot of stressful situations. I guess we've all been feeling this way lately, look at our country. Everyone's been down in the dumps lately. Our economy is in the pits, people are stressed over finances, work, just life in general. After dealing with gloomy days, I got a bit of a break. I woke up this morning to a break from the storm. I walked outside to blue skies, the sun was shining and looking out on the horizon the view was breathtaking.
I took this as a sign that things were going to get better. I decided to go to the one place where I always feel like I belong. I spent the day at my parent's house. It's true that there's no place like home. I spent hours just visiting, talking about everything, past, present and future. I love being able to relate to my parents on different levels, I can talk to them about things that I never used to be able to. Now that I'm an adult they don't just treat me as their little girl, but as an equal.I left their house that day feeling refreshed and happy. Sometimes you need to take a step back and relax. I let go of all the stress I felt and just let myself be me, free of all the worries, of all the drama, and stopped stressing over the things I cannot change. After every storm, the sun reemerges, like a new day and a second chance.
Hugs!
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment